Yes Industrial companies should run a social media program. There are 9 good reasons for this.
1. Industrial companies need a social media program to communicate with suppliers , distributors, and many other stakeholders. Why should you choose which method they need to communicate with? What if you did not allow them to email, just call? That would seem odd and so does limiting your communication channels.
2. SEO, search engines like Google use what they call social signals to help figure out what position you should be in within the search results. If they send 100 visitors to your ebsite and no one shares it then they degrade the value of the website, resulting in lost revenue for your company.
3. You may actually get a new client from social media. SlideShare for example is a great social media site , they allow you to publish Power Point presentations.
4. Customer Relationship Management – Social Media Provides another method to keep your business in front of them. When they check Facebook you may be seen, when they check Twitter the will be seen.
5. Over 1/3 of the U.S. Population is on Facebook.
6. Twitter Reaches 20% of the U.S. population
7. 8% of American LinkedIn users use it during work hours. Just before they place an order you may have been able to grab their attention.
8. LinkedIn has about 187,000,000 Unique monthly visitors.
9. There are over 10 Million uploads to SlideShare, if you are not on there then that means they are viewing your competitors presentations right now.